Dining with the LakerCard
Meal plans are your best value for dining on campus. The Lakeside Dining Hall, where you will use your meal plan, is an all-you-care-to-eat dining location with selections including a hot line meat and vegetarian options, a grill, brick-oven pizza, a salad bar, a sandwich bar, desserts, and beverages.
Laker Hall Meal Plans
Residents in Laker Hall must purchase one of the required meal plans. Meal plans are selected on the Housing Contract and are automatically billed to your student account. For more information about Laker Hall meal plans including prices, service days, meal plan use, and meal plan changes, visit Laker Hall Meal Plans. For full details about Laker Hall meal plan refunds, visit Meal Plan Refunds.
Commuter/Clayton Station Meal Plans
Purchasing a Meal Plan
In person: Meal plans may be purchased at the LakerCard Center with cash, credit/debit, or LakerBucks.
Remote: Meal plans may also be purchased for a student by a parent or guest by making a deposit to their LakerBucks account online. Your student will then go to the LakerCard Center to complete the meal plan purchase using LakerBucks. Before you begin, you’ll need:
Meal Plan Prices for 2017-2018 Academic Year
- Your student's LakerID (900xxxxxx)
- Step 1: Review Commuter Student Meal Plan and Dining Dollar plan options below and decide which plan you wish to purchase. Make a note of the amount of the meal plan.
- Step 2: Click the LakerCard Online icon below and select Guest Deposit (note: you must know the LakerID of the person for whom you’re making the deposit.)
- Step 3: Complete the LakerBucks deposit process
- Step 4: Notify your student of the deposit and direct them to the LakerCard Center to purchase their meal plan.
Please note: unused meals and dining dollars carry forward from fall to spring semester. Any unused meals and dining dollars remaining at the end of spring semester are forfeited. Keep this in mind when selecting a meal plan.
Meal Plan Options
Laker Hall Students
Meal plans are required for all Laker Hall students. You may choose one of the three plans below on your housing contract:
- Platinum: Unlimited visits to the Dining Hall + $50 Dining Dollars. If you like to eat three good meals a day or if you prefer to eat 5-6 smaller meals, this might be the plan for you. The Platinum plan offers you unlimited visits during any meal period…maybe grab some fruit on the way to class and stop in later for a more substantial meal.
- Gold: 14 visits weekly to the Dining Hall + $250 Dining Dollars. Maybe you don’t eat a large breakfast or maybe you work off campus in the evenings and don’t eat dinner. The Gold Plan gives you 14 visits to the Dining Hall during the week and $250 Dining Dollars to grab a sandwich or pizza other times.
- Silver: 10 visits weekly to the Dining Hall + $400 Dining Dollars. If you’re a light eater or prefer a different mix of dining options, the Silver Plan may work best for you. You get 10 meals per week in the Dining Hall and $400 Dining Dollars to spend at any dining location on campus.
Commuter Students and Clayton Station Students
Meal plans are available for commuter students and offer you a great value for your money. Commuter meal plans may be purchase in the LakerCard Center or online during the days of Financial Aid Book Money. The following plans are available to commuter students:
- Starter Plan: 5 meals (no Dining Dollars)
- 25+: 25 meals + $75 Dining Dollars
- 50+: 50 meals + $100 Dining Dollars
- 75+: 75 meals + $125 Dining Dollars
Dining Dollars are funds reserved specifically for food purchases at on-campus dining locations. They offer flexibility and variety and are included with most meal plans. (Dining Dollars may not be used at vending machines or for snacks in the Loch Shop.)
Dining dollar purchases are tax-exempt, saving you 7% sales tax on every transaction.
Dining dollar plans may also be purchased separately from a meal plan. Dining dollar options are listed below:
Dining Dollar Plan
- 25 Dining Dollars
- 100 Dining Dollars – this plan costs $95 and gives you $5 in additional dining dollars
- 250 Dining Dollars: - this plan costs $225 and gives you $25 in additional dining dollars!
Lakeside Dining Hall – the all-you-care-to-eat meal plan dining room located on the first floor of the Baker University Center.
- Jazzman’s Café – a great coffee shop in a great location. Jazzman’s is located adjacent to the Library and offers a variety of coffees, coffee drinks, smoothies, sandwiches, and pastries.
- Pizza Hut Express – the pizza everyone loves…Personal Pan Pizzas. Make it a combo with breadsticks and a soft drink. Makes a great grab-n-go meal when you’re heading to class. Hot biscuits and biscuit sandwiches are also available to purchase in the mornings at Lakeside Dining Hall.
- SubConnection – have a sandwich made just the way you like it on fresh-baked breads.
- Sandella's - Sandella's Flatbread Cafe menu features premium quality, health-conscious and simply delicious items for your enjoyment. Great tasting wraps, quesadillas, rice bowls, salads, and more. The menu includes a great vegetarian selection plus all menus can be made vegetarian