The purpose of the Alumni Board is to engage in meaningful discussion, consider issues related to alumni relations, and make informed and thoughtful recommendations to Clayton State University. Additionally, the Board assists the Director of Alumni and Annual Giving Programs in the implementation of alumni programs and services and bolstering the Annual Fund.
Inherent in these goals is the belief that the Young Alumni Council provides the principal vehicle by which the interests of all young alumni are addressed. The Young Alumni Council serves as an organization designed to communicate ideas and agendas from its constituents to the Clayton State University Alumni Association as a whole and to facilitate the implementation of programs to meet the goals outlined above. In addition, the Young Alumni Council will interact with already established organizations, such as the Student Alumni Ambassadors, to achieve these goals when interests of the groups coincide. The Council acts as a voice for young alumni concerns to the Alumni Association and the University. The purposes of the Young Alumni Council are:
- To promote the social, professional, philanthropic, and service interests of recent alumni
- To foster closer interaction with the greater University community
- To engender continued improvement of the University and its educational missions through service and support of specific initiatives
- To educate current students and recent alumni about goals, purposes, projects and services of the Alumni Association and
- To increase involvement with the organization
Individuals who have graduated from Clayton State since 2005 and are under the age of 40. The Young Alumni Council is comprised of the Chair, Justine Barnes, and up to 25 at-large members. Council members are assigned to projects on an ad hoc basis. The entire Council is coordinated by the Director of Alumni Relations, Leila Tatum.
- Review the eligibility criteria for the 2015-2016 term year:
- Must be a young alumnus/alumna. Young alumni are individuals who have graduated from Clayton State since 2005 and are under the age of 40.
- Must be an active member of the Clayton State Alumni Association. Active members are individuals who are current on their annual membership dues.
- Submit your application today.
- Contact us with any questions.