The purpose of the Alumni Board is to engage in meaningful discussion, consider issues related to alumni relations, and make informed and thoughtful recommendations to Clayton State University. Additionally, the Board assists the Director of Alumni and Annual Giving Programs in the implementation of alumni programs and services and bolstering the Annual Fund.
The mission of the Clayton State University Alumni Board is to cultivate excellence and distinction through meaningful involvement with our alumni, University and global community. In support of this mission, the Alumni Board and the Director work together to:
- Encourage alumni and friends of Clayton State to use their time, talents and energy for the advancement of the University and its programs
- Develop and promote alumni/student relations
- Create, promote and preserve traditions
- Communicate University accomplishments to alumni and other community members
- Provide opportunities for alumni to network and interact with each other
- Promote financial support of Clayton State
- Discover and recognize the achievements of Clayton State alumni
- Advocate for necessary programming and services for our alumni in support of their career and life goals
There are many ways to get involved with your alumni association - from assisting with events or serving on committees, to connecting with current students or ultimately serving on the Board in a leadership capacity. Interested? Complete the interest questionnaire and we will follow up with next steps.
Shawn Nelson ('06)
Jenny Rice ('91)
Lisa Wilkerson ('06)
- Tammie Brooks ('12)
- Justine Barnes ('13)