A student in good academic standing at another college or university may apply for admission and enrollment as a transient student at Clayton State University. Transient status is usually limited to one term at a time, and enrollment is subject to the following requirements and conditions.
There are two ways to complete an application for admissions. Apply online via GA Futures or download a paper application.
A paper application must be completed if submitting an application fee waiver. Fee waivers cannot be attached to the online application at this time. Access our Fee Waiver policy for more details.
Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable $40.00 application fee. Online applicants must use a credit or debit card to pay the application fee.
Official Transient Authorization Letter
- Transient students must furnish an Official Transient Authorization letter or documentation from the Registrar of the college or university last attended, which includes the following:
- A recommendation for transient admission to Clayton State University
- A statement that the student is eligible to return
- A list of recommended courses to be taken at Clayton State University
- A signature from a college official in a sealed envelope from the institution is required
Certificate of Immunization
Verification of Lawful Presence
Additional Application Information
- Transient enrollment is on a space-available basis, and some courses may be closed to transient students at some stages of the registration process.
- Transients must meet Clayton State University prerequisite/co-requisite and major restriction requirements for individual courses even if the sending institution has authorized the course.
- A transient student who desires to continue as a transfer student at the University must apply through the Admissions Office and meet all transfer admissions policies, deadlines, and requirements.
Fall: July 15
Spring: November 15
Summer: April 15