THE BRIDGE PROGRAM
The Clayton State University Bridge Program is an opportunity for a select group of students to attend an intense program during the summer as they prepare for the full Fall semester. This summer program is designed to connect students with support services while earning six college credits towards their degree requirements. Some of the highlights of the program are:
- Individualized study skills and learning style assessments
- Academic skills workshops
- Leadership development
- Introduction to key faculty and staff
- Individualized guidance and support from Center for Academic Success, Center for Advisement and Retention, Financial Aid, Student Life, and more
- Social and networking opportunities
- Residential Living-Learning Community (optional)
- Opportunity for admission into a four year university
- Develop strong study habits and academic skills
- Begin fulfilling degree requirements
- Learn about a wealth of resources for support and guidance
- A jump start finding your way around campus
- Discovering all that the main campus has to offer
- Make enduring friendships
This program will be limited to a select group of applicants to Clayton State University. Once enrolled in The Bridge students will need to:
- Review, sign and submit The Bridge Enrollment Contract.
- Register for and attend The Bridge New Student Orientation.
- Register for and attend Freshman Orientation.
- Complete both the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 (School code is 008976).
- Begin classes June 22, 2017 and successfully complete summer courses.
Funding may be available to cover the costs of housing, meals and textbooks. Funding is limited and is awarded to students who have:
- Completed The Bridge Enrollment Contract
- Registered for The Bridge New Student Orientation
More information regarding The Bridge Program Housing Grant will be available once these steps have been completed.