A student in good academic standing at another college or university may apply for admission and enrollment as a transient student at Clayton State University. Transient status is usually limited to one term at a time, and enrollment is subject to the following requirements and conditions:
- Transient students must complete an application for admission. Apply Online or Download a Paper Application.
- Transient students must furnish an Official Transient Authorization letter or documentation from the Registrar of the college or university last attended which include the following:
- A recommendation for transient admission to Clayton State University,
- A statement that the student is eligible to return.
- A list of recommended courses to be taken at Clayton State University.
- A signature from a college official in a sealed envelope from the institution is required.
- Transient enrollment is on a space-available basis, and some courses may be closed to transient students at some stages of the registration process.
- Transients must meet Clayton State University prerequisite/co-requisite and major restriction requirements for individual courses even if the sending institution has authorized the course.
- A transient student who desires to continue as a transfer student at the University must apply through the Admissions Office and meet all transfer admissions policies, deadlines, and requirements.
Final deadline for August admission
Final deadline for January admission
Final deadline for May admission