Each year, we welcome over 800 new transfer students into the Clayton State community. Your success is very important to us. That's why Clayton offers support services geared to the specific needs of transfer students.
Our dedicated transfer staff will ensure your smooth transition into the admission process, and you'll attend a mandatory orientation session to help you acclimate to Clayton.
What We Look For:
You should apply as a transfer student if you have graduated from high school and completed at least 30 semester hours of transferable college credit from an accredited college or university and have at a minimum a GPA of at least a 2.0 and be in good academic and conduct standing at the last institution from which credit was earned.
*In addition, students attending community colleges must have completed all of their learning support courses.
Transfer applicants with fewer than 30 transferable hours will need to meet the admission requirements for either a freshman or non-traditional student in addition to the transfer admissions standards. You must also be in good academic and conduct standing at the last institution from which credit was earned.
Transfer credit is normally accepted for college work earned at regionally accredited colleges and universities, provided the courses are comparable to the Clayton State University curriculum. A minimum grade of C or better will be accepted for transfer credit (D’s are accepted in some majors and for some lower division courses, please contact the school or college that you are interested in pursuing for more information).
An evaluation of your credit will be sent to you by the Registrar’s Office after you have been admitted. If you have questions regarding your transfer evaluation, please call the Registrar’s Office at (678) 466-4145.
Regional accrediting bodies include:
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Prospective transfer students should submit:
- Submit the non-refundable $40.00 application fee. You will need to use a credit card to apply online.
- Certificate of Immunization.
- An official transcript from each college or university previously attended. Students currently attending college should submit a "preliminary" transcript. The transcript(s) must have the institution’s seal and must be presented in an unopened official envelope from the sending institution. It is your responsibility to obtain your transcripts. You may deliver the transcripts to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Room 150 or you can request to have the transcripts mailed to the Clayton State Office of Recruitment and Admissions, 2000 Clayton State Blvd., Morrow, GA 30260-0285.
- Official high school transcript or GED
- Upon acceptance to Clayton State University, you may be required to take a placement exam.
- If you are currently enrolled at another institution, you must submit an official final transcript to the Office of Recruitment and Admissions prior to matriculation.
- Completed Application for Admission. Apply online via GA Futures or download a paper application.