Established in 2010, Clayton State University’s Presidential Scholars receive special recognition and additional financial resources as a result of their superior high school academic achievement and their commitment to continued progress through higher education. To be considered for the competitive Presidential Scholars program, prospective students must:
- Apply for admission to Clayton State University as first-time traditional freshmen
- Submit an additional application (including an essay) and meet Honors Program eligibility qualifications.
- Attend mandatory formal interviews (if selected as a finalist)
Honors Program eligibility qualifications include:
- 3.5 high school grade point average (recalculated based upon College Preparatory Curriculum courses)
- A minimum 1100 SAT (math and verbal sections) or 24 ACT composite score
- A record of involvement in extracurricular activities
In addition to the HOPE scholarship and any other financial aid, Presidential Scholars receive:
- An annual university grant of $3,000 for 4 years (an approximate value of $12,000)
- University housing for 4 years,
- A bookstore award of $250.00
As a Presidential Scholar you will:
- Actively participate in the University’s Honors Program
- Perform 30 hours of university assigned service per academic year
- live in university housing (Laker Hall for the first year and Laker Village thereafter).
Learn more about the Clayton State University Honors Program and its benefits
Learn more about the Presidential Scholarship.
View more information about general undergraduate admission to Clayton State University.
Apply for admission to Clayton State University online.
For questions regarding the Presidential Scholars program, contact Stephen Jenkins, Office of Recruitment and Admissions, at StephenJenkins@clayton.edu.