New Student Out-Of-State Tuition Waiver Application
Routinely ranked by US News and World Report as having the most diverse student population among comprehensive baccalaureate-level colleges and universities in the Southern United States, Clayton State University values diversity in its broadest sense and as such wishes to attract out-of-state students to further add geographic, academic, and personal diversity that out-of-state students bring. Therefore, each fall semester the university offers a limited number of out-of-state tuition waivers to academically outstanding freshman and transfer students.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be admitted for the Fall 2017 semester
- Meet the minimum criteria listed below
- Not be a resident of Georgia
Minimum Criteria for Consideration:
- Must submit a written statement of at least one full page, but no more than two pages detailing why you wish to attend Clayton State University, and what you wish to accomplish with your college education.
- Submit a listing of activities, honors, awards, community service, student leadership positions, work experience, and other special accomplishment you wish to be considered.
- All applicants must have been admitted for Fall 2017 to Clayton State University and must complete the Out-of-State Fee Waiver application deadline of July 15, 2017.
- All applicants will be reviewed by a committee and decisions are made with a holistic perspective based on submitted materials
- High School GPA must be 3.00 in college preparatory courses
- SAT 930 (minimum 400 math, 430 critical reading) or ACT (minimum 20 composite, 17 math, 17 English)
Awards for freshman applicants are granted for up to four years or the completion of a bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first. Awardees must maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA calculated at the end of each academic year to continue receiving the waiver.
Note: all first year freshmen are required to live on campus. Click here to learn more about the freshman live on campus requirement.
- Transfer GPA of 2.68 on all completed and attempted coursework*
Awards for transfer applicants are for two years or the completion of a bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first. Awardees must maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA calculated at the end of each academic year to continue receiving the waiver.
Deadline: July 15, 2017 for Fall 2017 semester.
For more information regarding out-of-state waivers, please contact Theodora Riley at email@example.com.
Recipients of the out-of-state tuition waiver must be lawfully present in the United States. Additional information regarding lawful presence can be found here.
*Final college transcript must reflect 2.68 GPA or the waiver will be rescinded