As a resource, our office offers various training opportunities for faculty and staff. Training may be offered in a group setting or one-on-one depending on the topic. Training sessions are free.
Do you have an area of expertise? Thinking of becoming a leading blogging expert? Want to discuss how to blog to best market your program or department?
We offer training for how to apply best practices to make your blog a success. During training we will cover:
- Content development
- Scheduling posts
- Optimizing for SEO
- How to use the blogging platform in our web content management system
The Clayton State University brand is our identity. It is who we are and what the experience of being a part of our community is all about. We all play a role in Clayton State’s brand experience, and we are all brand ambassadors. To ensure that we continue to strengthen our brand we must communicate in a consistent and cohesive way. Therefore, it is important to have a good understanding of our brand and what make us unique. In our brand training we will cover:
Request Branding Training
- What is a brand?
- Why is this important?
- What is Clayton State’s brand?
- How do we communicate this?
- How does this fit into your unique role within the University?
- The Dreams. Made Real. campaign
Is there someone in your area who wants to update departmental content? Want to learn how?
- We offer monthly training sessions on how to use the University Content Management System monthly. During training we will cover:
- How to login to the system
- How to edit current departmental content
- How to add new pages to department site
- How to add new content, images and documents to department site
Evoq 8 Training Manual (PDF)
Upcoming training sessions. All training sessions are conducted on the second floor of the Library in L-216. Please bring a laptop to training.
Request DNN Training
- March 28, 2016 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- March 29, 2016 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., This session location is on the first floor of the Library in L-140.
- April 25, 2016 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- April 26, 2016 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- May 30, 2016 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- May 31, 2016 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Do you have an area of expertise on a timely topic? Chances are, you may be contacted by the media on various topics and issues. Or, our office may facilitate opportunities for you to represent Clayton Sate in the news. Be prepared to interact with the media through our media training. We will cover topics including:
Request News Media Training
- How to tailor your message and stay on message
- What reporters need
- How to answer difficult questions
- How to prepare before an interview
- Training sessions will be done one-on-one with the public relations team.
Thinking of setting up a new social media channel? Want to discuss how to best use your current social media to best market your program or department?
We offer individualized training sessions that will cover:
Request Social Media Training
- Selecting the best social media channels to accomplish your goals
- Best practices for posting
- Content planning