Apr.21.16 - University Hearing Panel is recruiting students for the 2016-2017 academic Year
The Office of Student Community Standards is looking for students who are interested in being a member of the Clayton State University Hearing Panel.
University Hearing Panel members at Clayton State University play an integral role in educating their peers about their rights and responsibilities as members of the Clayton State community, as well as upholding community behavioral standards.
• Uphold the University’s community standards as defined by the Student Code of Conduct and honor the principles of peer governance, confidentiality, and objectivity
• Participate in and improve the conduct process as needs arise
• Share in the task of making challenging and difficult decisions that support the ethical and behavioral standards of the Clayton State University community
• Attend educational training sessions throughout the year as well as scheduled conduct hearings
• Make the time commitment of three to five hours per month
• Set aside personal and/or organizational perspective in order to establish accountability and maintain community standards
• Maintain a high level of sensitivity, awareness, and maturity when dealing with cases of a very serious and/or delicate nature
• Must have an institutional GPA of at least a 2.5.
• Must have 24 credit hours (transfer hours are acceptable) by the end of the summer.
• Must be in good Academic/Disciplinary standing (not currently on Disciplinary probation).
• You gain great resume experience (especially for Legal Studies and Criminal Justice majors)
• You are a part of the Community Student Conduct process
If you would like to gain experience for your resume and gain knowledge on Student Conduct processes, then become a member of the University Hearing Panel.
Applications can be found online at the link listed below and must be submitted by Monday May 2, 2016
Link to the application: https://proxy.qualtrics.com/proxy/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fclaytonstate.qualtrics.com%2FSE%2F%3FSID%3DSV_0v3sFKXJeRVeB9P&token=hkm%2FijBJwJcoHmkksoRl9rjq3FJFdj7s3q5hQcUEBKY%3D. The application takes about 20 minutes to complete and
We look forward to your submissions!