Clayton State University Hearing Panel Looking for Members, Applications Due by May 15
The Office of Student Community Standards is looking for undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in being a member of the Clayton State University Hearing Panel.
University Hearing Panel members at Clayton State University play an integral role in educating their peers about their rights and responsibilities as members of the Clayton State community, as well as upholding community behavioral standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Uphold the University’s community standards as defined by the Student Code of Conduct and honor the principles of peer governance, confidentiality, and objectivity
- Make the time commitment of three to five hours per month
- Share in the task of making challenging and difficult decisions that support the ethical and behavioral standards of the Clayton State University community
- Attend educational training sessions throughout the year as well as scheduled conduct hearings
- Set aside personal and/or organizational perspective in order to establish accountability and maintain community standards
- Maintain a high level of sensitivity, awareness, and maturity when dealing with cases of a very serious and/or delicate nature
- Participate in and improve the conduct process as needs arise
- Must have Institutional GPA of at least a 2.5 by the end of the summer 2015 term
- Must have 24 credit hours (transfer hours are acceptable) by the end of the summer 2015 term; 6 hours for graduate students
- Must be in good Academic/Disciplinary standing (not currently on Disciplinary probation)
- Gain great experience to build your resume (especially for Legal Studies and Criminal Justice majors)
- Be a part of the Community Student Conduct process
If you would like to gain experience for your resume and gain knowledge on Student Conduct processes, then become a member of the University Hearing Panel.
Applications can be found online at the link listed below and must be submitted by at 5 p.m. on May 15, 2015.
Link to the application: https://claytonstate.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9Fv0HLnnsOSQhgN
(an alternate version of the application is available upon request)
Please note that this application has several sections including a references section. This application may take you approximately 20 minutes to complete. You can start the application and resume progress at a later time by clicking the same link using the same computer and browser. After you have submitted the application you cannot go back to it. If you have problems please contact the office.
Upon receipt of your application we will be contacting you to schedule an interview which will be held the end of April/beginning of May.
We look forward to your submissions!
The Office of Community Standards
James C. Baker University Center, Suite 250