Love Service and Volunteering? Then apply to join the largest national network of people GETTING THINGS DONE for their communities!
AmeriCorps (pronounced "Ame-ri-core") is a national service program designed to connect Americans in intensive service to meet critical community needs in education, environment, public safety, disaster preparedness and other human needs.
What do the Clayton State University AmeriCorps Members Do?
· Clayton State University AmeriCorps Members champion issues in the Clayton County community and surrounding areas by participating in monthly service events and recruiting their fellow peers to get involved in community activism!
· Clayton State AmeriCorps members serve 900 hours of community service over the course of 10 months (about 20 hours a week)
· Clayton State AmeriCorps members spend 15 hours a week tutoring and mentoring local high school students.
· Clayton State AmeriCorps members participate in the Alternative Service Trip Break Programs
· Clayton State AmeriCorps members plan and facilitate the monthly AmeriCorps Service Cinema Series
What Benefits to AmeriCorps Members Received?
· A monthly living stipend
· An Educational Award (scholarship) at the end of the service term
· A chance to participate in the Alternative Break Program
· Networking with on campus staff, faculty members, and peers as well as community leaders
· Leadership and personal development skills
· The great benefit of all is the ability to serve your community and make an impact!
Upcoming AmeriCorps Information Sessions: It is mandatory to attend at least one informational session if you are interested in applying.
· Tuesday, Mar. 17 – 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., Laker Hall Multipurpose Room B
· Friday, Mar. 20 – 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., SAC Ballroom A
· Tuesday, Mar. 24 – 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Clayton Hall T214
· Wednesday, Mar. 25 – 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., SAC Ballroom C
Clayton State University AmeriCorps Members have served more than 135,000 hours to the community since 2009!
To join the Clayton State University AmeriFamily complete the 2015-2016 AmeriCorps Application which is available for you to pick up now in the Department of Campus Life, located on the second floor of the Student Activities Center. For more information or to download the AmeriCorps Application Packet online check out our website: http://www.clayton.edu/campus-life/Service-Learning/AmeriCorps or contact AmeriCorps Program Coordinator, Jennifer Welch at email@example.com or (678) 466-5433.