Students who complete degree requirements Spring 2016 are eligible to participate in
the commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 7, 2016. Graduates who elect not to
participate in this ceremony will not be eligible to walk in a future ceremony unless they
earn a new degree.
Participating in ceremony
Registration begins on March 28, 2016. Please go to
to register to participate. The deadline for registering is April 15, 2016.
Students who do not register to participate in the ceremony will not be
allowed to do so, nor will they receive tickets to the ceremony.
Caps & Gowns
Caps & gowns must be purchased before the day of the ceremony. You will need to
order your cap & gown directly from Jostens at: www.jostens.com or 1-800-854-7464.
We strongly recommend you purchase your cap & gown BEFORE April 1, 2016 in
order to ensure arrival before the ceremony and to avoid costly shipping fees.
Where and When to Report
9:00 AM Ceremony
College of Arts & Sciences
Graduates report at 8:00 A.M. to the 1st floor of the University Center
College of Business
College of Health
College of Information and Mathematical Sciences
Graduates report at 11:00 A.M. to the 1st floor of the University Center.
Because all final grades will not be reported to the Office of the Registrar until after
commencement, we will not be distributing diplomas at the ceremony. We will be
conducting final audits of all graduates in the weeks following commencement.
Diplomas for SPRING graduates will be available approximately 8 weeks after
Commencement. You will be notified by mail and email when your diploma is ready.
Please ensure that the Office of the Registrar has your current address and phone
numbers on file by logging onto the DUCK. Please make sure to deactivate any
addresses that are no longer correct or current.
Honors, Fraternities and Sororities
Clayton State University strives to recognize the exemplary accomplishments of our
graduates. Students who are qualified members of nationally-recognized honor
societies or nationally-recognized registered student organizations (ex. fraternities
and sororities) that are also recognized at the institution, during their studies at
Clayton State University have been granted authorization to wear regalia from those
organizations during the Commencement ceremonies. The only types of regalia items
that may be approved are honor cords or stoles. If you have a question regarding
regalia for a specific organization, please contact Atawanna Royal, Assistant Director
of Student Organizations in the Department of Campus Life at
AtawannaRoyal@clayton.edu. Please note that all regalia requirements as specified
by the Registrar’s Office for graduation should be followed and supersede additional
student organization regalia requirements. Students may wear the appropriate symbol
of membership in the following organizations:
- Students graduating with Academic Honors (GPA) from CSU – Gold Honor Cord
- Honors Program - Gold Medallion
- Alpha Kappa Alpha - Pink and Green Stole
- Alpha Kappa Lambda - Purple and Gold Stole
- Alpha Lambda Delta National Honor Society - Red, Gold, and White Stole, Cord, or Medallion
- Alpha Phi Alpha - Black and Gold Stole
- Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity - Blue and Gold
- American Medical Student Association – Royal Blue and Gold Cord
- Beta Beta Beta - Biology - Red and Green Honor Cords
- Beta Gamma Sigma - Blue and Gold Cord
- Clayton State University Athletes - Orange Stole
- Delta Sigma Theta - Red and White Stole
- Kappa Alpha Psi - Red and White Stole
- Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society – Purple and Green Cord, Silver and Purple Stole or Medallion
- Military Veterans - Red, White, and Blue Cord or Stole
- NAACP Collegiate Chapter - Black, Red, Green & Gold Stole or Blue and Gold Stole
- NAfME - Pink Cord or Pink and White Stole
- National Student Nurses Association (SNA) - Blue and White cord or Blue and Orange cord
- Phi Beta Sigma – Blue and White Stole
- Psi Chi International Honor Society – Blue and White Cord, Gray, Blue, and White Stole, or Black Medallion
- Sigma Alpha Pi, National Society of Leadership and Success - Black and White Stole and Cords
- Sigma Gamma Rho - Blue and Yellow Stole
- Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honor Society – Red and Black Stole, Cord, or Medallion
- Sigma Theta Tau National Honor Society - Purple and White Stole
- Society for Human Resource Management - Navy Blue, Light Blue, and White stole, cord, or medallion
- Zeta Phi Beta - Blue and White Stole
Unauthorized ornamentation is prohibited. If your item is not on the list above, you
may not wear it during the ceremony. If any university official deems the attire to be
inappropriate, the student will be asked to remove the unapproved item or the student
may be denied participation in the graduation ceremony
Students participating in the graduation ceremony will have an opportunity to purchase
individual photographs from a professional photographer. Proofs will be emailed
directly to the student. Village Photographers may be contacted at their website:
www.villagephotographers.com or 1-800-444-7427.
Detailed information regarding the number of tickets will be determined once we know
how many students elect to participate in the ceremony. At the present time we
estimate there will be no more than 4 tickets allotted per graduate.
ALL GUESTS REGARDLESS OF AGE (this includes infants)
MUST HAVE A TICKET IN ORDER TO BE ADMITTED TO THE CEREMONY.