Clayton State Day at the Capitol is an opportunity for students, faculty, staff and alumni to experience the legislative process, to thank their representatives and senators for their support of higher education, and to share experiences with those legislators on issues of mutual concern.
Students can ride a bus to the event. A tour of the capitol, discussion on political engagement, and an opportunity to see Clayton State honored by the Senate and House are just some of the activities available. Everyone will have an opportunity to meet with legislators and meet alumni who work in state government.
Transportation will be provided to and from the Capitol for registered students, faculty and staff. Please register as soon as possible to help in the planning process for this. Additional details regarding time and location will be published as it is available.
Suggested activities include
- Share coffee and donuts with state officials
- Watch the House and Senate from the gallery
- Witness a resolution honoring recent successes of Clayton State
- Listen to individuals explain the legislative process vis-à-vis their role (Office of the Governor, Lt. Governor, Speaker, appropriations chairs)
- Participate in a group photo with the Governor
- Most activities should conclude by 12 p.m.
Committee hearings are generally scheduled after lunch. Those who wish to attend a hearing will want to plan their own transportation.